Ryan D. Marrs
- Proficient in development with PHP, MySQL, ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, Web Services, PHP.
- Competent with back end development using MVC Frameworks (CakePHP, CodeIgnitor, ASP.NET MVC), popular CMS systems (Drupal / Wordpress)
- Knowledgeable in database languages and programming for MySQL, Microsoft SQL 7.0/2000/2005/2008, SQL Reporting Services, and XML.
- Basic production support/implementation of Linux based Apache web servers.
- Familiar with most emerging technologies with regard to web and application development.
- Possesses solid communication, leadership, architectural, project management, and documentation skills.
Senior Architect, Detroit Public Schools - Detroit, MI
Aug 2007 - Present
- Created processes and procedures for all web-based solutions and workload.
- Project management oversight of twenty projects a month.
- Maintained and updated all district websites to be web standards and accessibility requirements compliant.
- Redesigned district websites to have a modern look and feel.
- Provided basic web development training to educators throughout the district.
- Managed six interns over the period of two years who all received AT&T scholarship awards based on performance.
- Exceeded service level agreement requirements by 170 percent.
- Provided process improvement expertise throughout all towers of Information Technology.
Consultant, Valassis Inc. - Livonia, MI
May 2007-Aug 2007
- Brought in to assist with a 6-month contract to meet mission-critical, business driven deadline.
- Integrated existing manual processes into new Sharepoint based automation processes.
- Fine-Tuned processes for performance in use with a large scale advertising and printing operation.
- Completed contract 2 months ahead of schedule.
Tech Lead, Team Detroit, Inc. - Dearborn, MI
Nov 2006-May 2007
Launched all of Lincoln/Mercury inventory into Google Base for free advertising through Google.
Setup Ford Hosting in a Windows Environment for .NET web applications.
Performance tuned and load tested full scale .NET web applications.
Developed custom .NET applications for building and configuring a vehicle online and inventory management.
Consultant, Wunderman - Dearborn, MI
Mar 2006-Nov 2006
- Directed development of Lincoln/Mercury client applications in a .NET web environment.
- Implemented QA and Production environments for conversion of existing ASP/VB code into ASP.NET / VB.NET.
- Conceptualized and implemented changes for Ford CARS data provider web service changes.
- Trained existing ASP/VB6 developers in .NET usage and best practices.
Web Developer, Sandler & Travis Trade Advisory Services, Inc. - Farmington Hills, MI
Jun 2001-Mar 2006
- Worked with process owners to create ASP.NET and VB.NET applications to automate process and ease client data transition into these systems.
- Designed ISO compliance system and version tracking software.
- Integrated Linux based systems into a pure Microsoft environment.
- Implemented VOIP using Linux and Asterisk to provide free calling between overseas offices.
Consultant, QuatraMedia, LLC. - Farmington Hills, MI
Jul 2002-Oct 2002
- Contracted to assist in short term, high profile projects.
- Worked with clients to create a custom web store, shopping cart, Payflow and Paypal based checkout system to provide products to a large customer base.
- Managed contracted team to ensure on time delivery of product.
- Phased out static HTML application to provide better feedback and product management.
Available Upon Request